Bio and CV
- Yeo SJ (2020) Right to the city (at night): Spectacle and surveillance in public space. In: V Mehta and D Palazzo (Eds) Companion to Public Space. New York: Routledge, pp. 182-190.
- Yeo SJ (2019) Urban informality and the city at night. In: T Banerjee and A Loukaitou-Sideris (Eds) The New Companion to Urban Design. New York: Routledge, pp. 163-174.
- Fung JC, Heng CK, and Yeo SJ (2019) Urban environment. In: KH Phua, LG Goh, and MT Yap (Eds) Ageing in Asia: Contemporary Trends and Policy Issues. Singapore: World Scientific, pp. 219–240.
- Heng CK and Yeo SJ (2017) Singapore Chronicles: Urban Planning. Singapore: Institute of Policy Studies (NUS) and Straits Times Press.
- Yeo SJ, Ho KC, and Heng CK (2016) Rethinking Spatial Planning for Urban Conviviality and Social Diversity: A Study of Nightlife in a Singapore Public Housing Estate Neighbourhood. Town Planning Review 87(4): 379-399.
- Yeo SJ and Heng CK (2014) An (Extra)ordinary Night Out: Urban Informality, Social Sustainability, and the Nighttime Economy. Urban Studies 51(4): 712-726.
- Yeo SJ, Hee L, and Heng CK (2012) Urban Informality and Everyday (Night)life: A Field Study in Singapore. International Development Planning Review 34(4): 349-370.
An urban specialist with early career training in Canada and public sector planning experience in Singapore, Su-Jan immerses in activities positioned at the multi-scalar intersection of urbanism and public policy. More specifically, her areas of interest include: urban cultures and economies in transition; public space and placemaking; neighbourhood and community planning; visual methodologies; pedagogy and curriculum design in planning education.
Personal Website www.theurbaniststudio.com
Teaching & Pedagogy
PLAN 211 City-Making: A Global Perspective (course website)
PLAN 425 Urban Planning Issues and Concepts (course website)
PLAN 509 Urbanism as a Global Way of Life (course website)
PLAN 548Q Futures Planning (course website)
UBC SoTL Seed Grant Project (link)