Bio and CV
- Fung JC, Heng CK and Yeo SJ (forthcoming) Population Ageing and the Urban Environment. In: KH Phua, MT Yap and LG Goh (eds) Ageing in Asia: Contemporary Trends and Policy Issues. Singapore: World Scientific.
- Heng CK and Yeo SJ (2017) Singapore Chronicles: Urban Planning. Singapore: Institute of Policy Studies (NUS) and Straits Times Press.
- Yeo SJ, Ho KC and Heng CK (2016) Rethinking Spatial Planning for Urban Conviviality and Social Diversity: A Study of Nightlife in a Singapore Public Housing Estate Neighbourhood. Town Planning Review 87(4): 379-399.
- Heng CK and Yeo SJ (2016) Towards Greater Sustainability and Liveability in an Urban Age. In: CK Heng (ed) 50 Years of Urban Planning in Singapore. Singapore: World Scientific, pp. 237-303.
- Heng CK and Yeo SJ (2016) Singapore: Physical Planning and Development. In: F Janches, R Amette, C Jaimes and M Corti (eds) From Knowledge to Development: New University Challenges for a Contemporary Urban Development. Argentina: Universidad de Buenos Aires, pp. 114-141.
- Yeo SJ and Heng CK (2014) An (Extra)ordinary Night Out: Urban Informality, Social Sustainability, and the Nighttime Economy. Urban Studies 51(4): 712-726.
- Yeo SJ and Heng CK (2014) The Practice, Rhythm, and Intensity of Everyday (Night)life: Perspectives from Singapore. In: S Honda (ed) Mn’M Workbook 3: Future Urban Intensities. Tokyo: flickStudio, pp. 102-107.
- Yeo SJ, Hee L and Heng CK (2012) Urban Informality and Everyday (Night)life: A Field Study in Singapore. International Development Planning Review 34(4): 349-370.
Su-Jan Yeo commenced her appointment as Postdoctoral Fellow in November 2016 at SCARP. As an urban specialist with practical training and professional planning experience in Canada and Singapore, Su-Jan immerses in scholarly work positioned at the multi-scalar intersections of culture/society, built environment, and urban policy. More specifically, her areas of interest include: urban cultures and urban economies; social sustainability; public space and placemaking; neighbourhood and community planning; visual methods; pedagogy and curriculum design in higher education.
Personal Website www.theurbaniststudio.com
Scholarships & Awards
World Future Foundation Ph.D. Prize (2014)
Outstanding Research on Environment and Sustainability
National University of Singapore Research Scholarship (2009 – 2013)
Ph.D. Degree funding for 4 years
Value: S$120,000 and full tuition fee subsidy
Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship (2004 – 2005)
Master’s Degree funding for 1 year
UBC Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (2018)
Project Title — A Student-centric Curriculum Design Process Towards a New Undergraduate Program in Urban Technology, Environment and Culture (UTEC)
Principal Investigator — Maged Senbel
Teaching and Learning Fellow — Su-Jan Yeo
UBC Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Seed Grant (2017)
Project Title — The 'Ideathon Challenge' as Pedagogic Method Towards Interdisciplinary Collaboration, Innovation, and Applied Learning: A Case Study
Principal Investigator — Su-Jan Yeo
SoTL Specialist — Paulina Semenec
Photovoice Multi-Pronged Project With Migrant Workers (2016)
Project Title — Topophilia & Topophobia: A Tale of Two Cities
Co-organizers — Su-Jan Yeo and Geraldine Kang
Sponsors — Fujifilm Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (in-kind) + LUSH Charity Pot Grant (S$2,500)
Teaching & Pedagogy
UBC Future Global Leaders Program
"A Global Approach to City-Making"
Summer 2019 (Course Description)
UBC Vancouver Summer Program
"City-X: Urban Transformation in a Globalized World"