Bio and CV
- Yeo SJ (2020) Right to the city (at night): Surveillance and spectacle in public space. In: V Mehta and D Palazzo (Eds) Companion to Public Space. New York: Routledge, pp. 182-190.
- Yeo SJ (2019) Urban informality and the city at night. In: T Banerjee and A Loukaitou-Sideris (Eds) The New Companion to Urban Design. New York: Routledge, pp. 163-174.
- Fung JC, Heng CK, and Yeo SJ (2019) Urban environment. In: KH Phua, LG Goh, and MT Yap (Eds) Ageing in Asia: Contemporary Trends and Policy Issues. Singapore: World Scientific, pp. 219–240.
- Heng CK and Yeo SJ (2017) Singapore Chronicles: Urban Planning. Singapore: Institute of Policy Studies (NUS) and Straits Times Press.
- Yeo SJ, Ho KC, and Heng CK (2016) Rethinking Spatial Planning for Urban Conviviality and Social Diversity: A Study of Nightlife in a Singapore Public Housing Estate Neighbourhood. Town Planning Review 87(4): 379-399.
- Yeo SJ and Heng CK (2014) An (Extra)ordinary Night Out: Urban Informality, Social Sustainability, and the Nighttime Economy. Urban Studies 51(4): 712-726.
- Yeo SJ, Hee L, and Heng CK (2012) Urban Informality and Everyday (Night)life: A Field Study in Singapore. International Development Planning Review 34(4): 349-370.
Dr. Su-Jan Yeo joined SCARP in November 2016 as Postdoctoral Research and Teaching Fellow, which evolved into her current role as Lecturer. An urban specialist with early career training in Canada and public sector planning experience in Singapore, Su-Jan immerses in activities positioned at the multiscalar intersections of society, public policy, and the city. More specifically, her areas of interest include: urban cultures and economies in transition; social sustainability; public space and placemaking; neighbourhood and community planning; visual methods; pedagogy and curriculum design in planning education.
Personal Website www.theurbaniststudio.com
Teaching & Pedagogy
PLAN 211 City-Making: A Global Perspective (course website)
PLAN 425 Urban Planning Issues and Concepts (course website)
PLAN 509 Urbanism as a Global Way of Life (course website)
PLAN 548Q Futures Planning (course website)
UBC SoTL Seed Grant Project (link)