September 26, 2022
Inviting UBC students, faculty, staff, and community partners to apply!
The 2022/23 Community-University Engagement Support Fund is open and UBC Community Engagement is inviting applicants to submit a Notice of Intent. If appropriate, we would greatly appreciate your support sharing this opportunity for UBC students, faculty, and staff and BC-based community partners on your communications channels.
The 2022/23 Community-University Engagement Support (CUES) Fund is open! Get up to $25,000 to support community-university partnerships that benefit
communities across the province and advance collaborative research, teaching, and learning. Interested applicants are invited to submit a Notice of Intent by October 21, 2022.
Paid directly to community partners, CUES funding removes financial barriers and prioritizes reciprocal, inclusive engagement so all communities — especially those that have been and continue to be underserved, marginalized, or excluded — can benefit. This year, we have a total of $750,000 to fund up to 30 community-university projects.
We invite applicants looking to develop new or existing community-university relationships and especially welcome applications for collaborative projects that advance:
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Indigenous engagement and reconciliation
- Health innovation and community wellbeing
- Sustainability and climate action
- Teaching, learning, and research excellence
The fund is open to BC-based community partners and UBC students, faculty, and staff.
The CUES fund is jointly administered by UBC Community Engagement and the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation.
Dates and deadlines
- September 28, 2022 — CUES Fund Info Session #1: What to know before applying
- October 21, 2022 — Deadline to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI). All co-applicants must submit a brief NOI to confirm their eligibility.