Job Title: Advisor, Community Engagement
Employer: Vancouver Coastal Health
Work Site: VGH 12th & Oak
Reference #: 145615-skh
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Work Hours: 08:00 - 16:00, weekdays excluding statutory holidays
- Assist and support in the development and implementation of community engagement strategies and plans that ensure the patient/client is at the centre of health care delivery.
- Work alongside the Leader of Community Engagement on integrating community engagement practices throughout Vancouver Coastal Health as well as support the development of new on-line engagement opportunities.
- Support the Community Engagement Leader in ensuring patients/clients are involved in decisions that affect their health and advance their health care needs by working with Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) diverse patient groups, families, communities, stakeholders and partners.
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating broad engagement strategies across the organization and integrate patient, client, family, and stakeholder needs into the planning and decision-making process.
- Lead two important areas which are patient/client engagement and our Community Engagement Advisory Committee (CEAN). Supporting VCH’s broad and diverse communities of care, you will ensure that patient/client engagement is at the centre of our work so that patient/stakeholder input improves the decisions we make, the quality of care patients/clients receive and, ultimately, health outcomes.
- Be responsible for working closely with VCH’s CEAN group who are a network of individuals who volunteer their time, knowledge and experience to add the patient and family voice to planning and decision making at Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Keep current with trends and best practices in community engagement and communications, particularly within a complex organizational context, you are prepared to advise on a wide range of tools and tactics to extend people-centred care beyond the individual client and family and into the community at large.
Education & Experience
- A university degree in community development, communications, public relations, community planning, marketing or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in community engagement, community capacity building, or a health-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with or certification in the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) Foundations and Techniques would be an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the philosophies, principles and practices of community engagement, stakeholder relations and public participation.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and communications, preferably in the public sector.
- Demonstrated experience in digital community engagement strategies or market research.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, project management, organizational, consultative, facilitation, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated creative outlook and ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement engagement plans, strategies and programs in a deadline-oriented, high-profile and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and creatively, both orally and in writing, within tight time frames.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
VCH encourages applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.