(Land Use and Development) May 2021
Pacific Land Resource Group Inc. has an entry-level opportunity available for a budding planner interested in land use and development. Theyare looking for a customer service-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, problem solving environment. You are an enthusiastic proactive team member who has the ability to work independently.
Pacific Land Resource Group Inc. is an established urban planning land development consulting firm, based in Metro Vancouver. They specialize in strategic land use planning and environmental services. Our expertise includes project management, comprehensive development programs, highest and best land use assessments, habitat assessments, stream setbacks, habitat design and government agency approvals.
As the successful candidate, you will be working closely with our planning and environmental teams to develop setback and conceptual development plans; assist with planning legislation, policy, and bylaw research, prepare written correspondence and reports, and undertake technical and clerical work related to the preparation of maps, graphics and application documents.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Post-Secondary education, preferably a diploma or degree related to Planning, or comparable planning experience, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
• Working knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of standard planning, building and engineering terminology, and map compilation and interpretation;
• Proficiency in AutoCAD software;
• Working knowledge of Zoning Bylaws, Official Community Plans, Design Guidelines and the Local Government Act;
• Aptitude in graphics software (Adobe Creative Suite) to prepare graphics and presentation material to support city council and public consultation processes;
• Ability to conduct accurate and independent research in support of development applications, site assessments, development feasibilities, and highest and best land use reports;
• Some experience/exposure to land development planning (site planning for single family residential, townhouse, industrial and commercial);
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear, concise and creative manner;
• Good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with municipal and industry colleagues, clients, and members of the public during public consultation processes; and
• A valid driver’s licence.
Remuneration: The compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.