BC Indigenous Student Award
The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society has established an award program for Indigenous students pursuing post-secondary education in BC. They are available to students who identify as Indigenous, defined as First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Métis or Inuit. All are renewable in order to provide sustained funding over multiple years. Renewable awards of $5,000 per year are available.
- You are First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Inuit or Métis;
- You are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the award is applied for;
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- You are planning to study at a BC public post-secondary institution, or Indigenous post-secondary institution;
- Your course of study will be no less than two semesters in length and will commence sometime between the dates of May 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022;
- You will be registered as a full-time student*, as defined by the institution you will be attending (usually 60% or more of a full course load).
*Exceptions may apply to applicants who are prevented from studying full-time for medical reasons or disabilities.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021
For more information, please see: https://www.ikbbc.ca/indigenous-awards/about-this-award/