The Southeast Regional Service Commission (SERSC) is seeking bilingual candidates with a Bachelor
or Master’s degree in Planning or related field for a full-time Planner position. You
would join our multidisciplinary team in guiding development and providing local,
regional, environmental, and recreational planning services to 13 municipalities and 24
local services districts in New Brunswick’s fastest growing region. Our territory surrounds
the culturally-rich City of Moncton, and covers the area from Fundy National Park to some of the
most beautiful beaches in Atlantic Canada.
The Commission is a leader in sustainability and has partnered with the Municipal Natural Assets
Initiative to model the benefits of natural assets and advance the “develop with nature” approach
through pilot projects in the Town of Riverview and the Village of Riverside-Albert. We are
also at the forefront of planning for climate change, with a focus on coastal adaptation to sea
level rise as well as inland flooding.
We are seeking a team member who is ready to tackle new challenges in an environment that
encourages professional growth and innovative thinking.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties pertaining to land use
applications, including development review, creating and interpreting regulations, processing
variances and amendments, and undertaking research analysis and reporting. Other components of this
role also include various forms of consultation with stakeholders, community groups,
government departments, and others for implementation of long-range planning initiatives.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Planning from an accredited university is preferred. Degrees
in related fields such as Geography, Engineering, and Environmental Studies will be considered in
conjunction with relevant work experience;
• Eligible for membership in the New Brunswick Association of Planners and the
Atlantic Planning Institute;
• Valid drivers’ license and access to a personal vehicle;
• Able to communicate in both English and French;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Experience with providing excellent customer service;
• Knowledge of planning principles and practices, and experience interpreting planning
regulations including provincial acts and local by-laws;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively on several projects at once;
• Able to work independently and in a team environment.
HOURS OF WORK
• Full time; 35 hours a week (8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday) with some evening work required to attend
• As per current SERSC scale, commensurate to education and experience with
benefits package including pension, RRSP, dental, and medical insurance.
The deadline for application is Friday, February 12, 2021 with an anticipated start date of May 3,
2021. Candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of: Carole
Thériault, Human Resources Coordinator, Southeast Regional Service Commission, 1234 Main Street,
Suite 200, Moncton, NB, E1C 1H7; firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel : (506) 382-3482; www.nbse.ca
SERSC wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.