TA Training Facilitator
Job Description Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Professional Development, the Faculty of Applied Science Teaching Assistant Training Facilitator is responsible for delivering TA’s training sessions in the 2020-2021 academic year for all new SCARP and SALA teaching assistants. Training sessions are approximately 4 hours long and will happen in September and January.
The TA Training Facilitator is expected to deliver training content on the following topics:
1. TA Introductions and Ice Breakers
3. Professional Conduct as a TA
4. Office Hours and Student Communication
5. The TA-Course Instructor Relationship
6. A variety of TA Scenarios
- a. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- b. Adapting to online learning
- c. Grade Disputes
- d. Time Management
- e. Facilitating Classroom Discussion
- f. Managing Teams/Group Work
- g. Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty
The TA Training facilitator is strongly encouraged to attend a Facilitation Workshop hosted by the CTLT in late August. This workshop will help prepare the candidate for the delivery of the TA Training sessions.
Compensation: Stipend/Honorarium paid at the CUPE 2278 STA level: $36.13/hour for up 36 hours.
For more details see attachment
Please submit a resume and cover letters to Colin Dodds, Senior Manager, Professional Development at
firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10th, 2020 at 9am. Please use “TA Training Facilitator Application” as your
subject header. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.