We are seeking a collaborative organizer and communications professional with knowledge of governance, political advocacy, communications, and project management.
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years of experience in community organizing and political engagement related to social and climate justice efforts
- Media and digital communications skills
- Proven experience working collaboratively, communicating clearly, and engaging respectfully with others
- Experience and comfort taking initiative, being proactive, and creatively and strategically implement directives.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant educational experience and a commitment to learning in the role
- Experience as an intermediate or advanced level user of email, MS Office Suite.
- Alignment with the statement of values of OneCity Vancouver.
- Interest in being part of moving forward a bold agenda at the municipal level
Hourly Wage: $32.00, plus 4% in lieu of benefits
Hours Per Week: 15 hours/week
Term: ASAP until Dec 2019 (to be renewed for 2020 if Cllr discretionary funds are available)
- Time to be tracked and signed off by Cllr Boyle on a bi-weekly basis
- IT equipment and work space to be supplied by contractor employee
- No City network access or access card will be provided
- Hiring of the contractor employee is to the discretionary of the Councillor
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume to: CLRBoyle@vancouver.ca by April 30th, 2019.
NOTE: OneCity Vancouver is currently hiring for a part-time Director of Organizing. Applicants interested in both positions are encouraged to apply. We will consider the same person for both positions. Applicants should understand that the roles are separate and duties and hours will be tracked separated to ensure that no public funds are going toward distinctly partisan activities.
Councillor Boyle is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages all qualified applicants to apply including members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons and people of all gender identities and abilities.
Councillor Christine Boyle
CITY OF VANCOUVER
phone 604-873-7242 email CLRboyle@vancouver.ca
address 453 W 12 Ave Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4
twitter @christineeboyle facebook www.facebook.com/ChristineBoyleVancouver