Dear colleagues – Happy New Year 2019!
I am pleased to inform you that the webpage for the NCC’s Capital Riverfront Challenge: Student Ideas Competition is now live.
- The competition is open to university students in urban planning/urbanism, landscape architecture, architecture, urban design and other related design programs.
- The two proposed sites are NCC lands in the Capital Region - 1 on the Ontario side, and 1 on the Quebec side. Registration and all relevant planning and policy documents are available through the competition web page.
- Participation is free and the deadline for registration is February 15, 2019.
- Submissions are due on March 31, 2019.
- The top 2 winning teams (maximum 3 people per team) will be invited to present their projects at a public Urbanism Lab event in Ottawa on May 2, 2019.
First Place Prize Package
Second Place Prize Package
- Students located within the Québec–Windsor corridor will be provided round-trip train tickets in economy class originating from the VIA Rail station closest to their location (place of residence, study or work).
- Students located outside the Québec–Windsor corridor will be provided round-trip airplane tickets in economy class originating from the major Canadian airport closest to their location (place of residence, study or work).
We will also be posting the competition on various architecture and planning websites.
********PLEASE SHARE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT AND THE LINK WITH YOUR FACULTY AND STUDENTS. ******************
We look forward to great participation from across the country.