The Professional Standards Board (PSB) is reaching out to you as distinguished planning academia to share a meaningful opportunity to enhance the planning profession through contribution to the PSB Professional Examination question bank.
Please see the notice below. You are welcome to share this opportunity with any other members of your faculty and to participate during the break between semesters. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your consideration.
In 2016, The PSB changed its Professional Examination from an essay-style examination to a multiple-choice format. The PSB continues to administer this examination to 150+ candidates per year. In order to maintain the rigour of the Professional Examination, we wish to add additional questions to our questions bank to include in future sittings. We are looking for volunteers who are RPPs/MCIPs in good standing (for 7+ years) or experienced academia to provide support for this initiative. The PSB thanks those who responded to our call for volunteers in 2017 and looks forward to working with another group of volunteers over the coming months.
In order to achieve a sustainable question bank for years to come, the PSB and its Professional Education and Examination Committee would like to confirm your interest and advise you of the next steps in the process.
In order to add to our existing question bank, we are asking volunteers to:
- Confirm their interest in contributing to this initiative by emailing Nzinga Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign a non-disclosure agreement by to gain access to the current Professional Examination question bank (for reference)
- Develop 5-10 questions for the questions bank
- Questions must fit into the following three categories: Public Interest, Professional Responsibility, Ethics and Decision-Making (no more than 3 questions should be developed for each category)
- Guidelines for the development of Professional Examination questions will be shared with volunteers
To thank and compensate you for your contribution to Professional Examination question bank, you will be eligible to claim up to 5.0 “independent & self-directed” CPL Learning Units upon submission of your Professional Examination questions. This will be in addition to any Learning Units claimed for Mentoring or Sponsoring a Candidate, or serving on any other PSB/PTIA committees.
If you are interested in assisting the PSB with this initiative, kindly provide confirmation as per the instructions above.
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you to improve the quality and rigour of the PSB Professional Examination.
Professional Standards Board
Tel/Tél: 647.317.6924 / 1.844.202.9002