The UBC Climate Hub is connecting undergraduate and graduate students from across faculties in climate mentorship pods grouped around specific climate themes. These pods will also be connected to professors, staff, and the broader community who can provide additional mentorship. By creating these hopeful climate incubators, we will expand students’ social and professional networks and create a vibrant campus climate community. We’re looking for graduate students to be climate mentors in the 2018-2019 school year! Applications close on September 10, 2018. Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdsNTOYCQPr9f5JkVkI-Ql1-QBRBKbZLsr53OYCGAbPrLiJBA/viewform
- 3-4 hours per month from late September 2018 to April 2019.
- Facilitating discussions, organizing meeting times, and sending reminders.
- Professional development (mentorship, facilitation, and interdisciplinary teamwork are highly valued skills in the workplace).
- Expanded social and professional networks.
- Opportunity to meet students from other faculties and departments.
The UBC Climate Hub is a new university-wide initiative focused on climate change research, knowledge mobilization, and action. The Hub, which will formally launch in Fall 2018, will provide opportunities for faculty, staff, and students from all disciplines to share information about their climate-related research and initiatives, and to collaborate on bold climate action.