The field of planning includes many rich and diverse areas of research. At SCARP we have a small number of faculty with dedicated expertise in a subset of planning areas. Our PhD program therefore focuses on nurturing and supervising a small number of select applicants. We take great care in finding a good match between student, supervisor, and area of research and invite you to follow these steps:
1. Read SCARP's minimum requirements for admission in the PhD program overview page.
2. Complete Pre-Application - August 15, 2019 to November 14, 2019 - Prospective applicants must complete a short PhD Pre-Application questionnaire.
3. Receive Invitation to Apply - December 6, 2019 - Prospective applicants notified whether they are invited to complete a full application.
4. Submit Full Application - February 1, 2020 - Deadline for full application by invited applicants only. Uninvited applications will not be considered.
5. Receive Admission Decision - April 1, 2020 - Applicants will be notified of admission and funding decisions at approximately this date. Date may shift slightly to coincide with relevant funding announcements.
Please do not email individual faculty. Instead, follow the steps outlined above.