The field of planning includes many rich and diverse areas of research. SCARP has a small number of faculty with dedicated expertise in a subset of planning areas. The PhD program therefore focuses on nurturing and supervising a small number of select applicants. SCARP takes great care in ensuring a good match between student, supervisor, and area of research.
If you would like to apply for the September 2021 intake, please review the following steps:
- Read SCARP's minimum requirements for admission in the PhD program overview page.
- Complete Pre-Application by November 30, 2020 - Prospective applicants must complete a short PhD Pre-Application questionnaire.
- Receive Invitation to Apply by December 15, 2020 - Prospective applicants will be notified on whether they are invited to submit an official application.
- Submit Full Application by February 1, 2021 - Deadline for official PhD application by invited applicants only. Uninvited applications will not be considered.
- Receive Admission Decision in early April 2021 - Applicants will be notified of admission and funding decisions at approximately this date. Date may shift slightly to coincide with relevant funding announcements.
Please do not email individual faculty and follow the steps outlined above instead.