Bio and CV
- Community planning, land use planning, and urban development policy.
- Growth management and local government fiscal policy.
- Urban development project planning and development approvals including rezoning, permits, and subdivision.
- Market and financial analysis for development projects.
- Management of RFP processes for the disposition of property or the procurement of development partners.
- Expert reports and testimony in legal proceedings.
- Public involvement and consultation processes.
Jay is President of Coriolis Consulting Corp., a planning and real estate consulting firm that provides services in real estate analysis, urban planning and development policy, development approvals and processes, strategic advice, RFP design and implementation, and other specialized services such as financial modeling, expert testimony, public and farmers markets, campus planning, and meeting and workshop facilitation.
With over 30 years of experience as a professional planner and real estate analyst, including extensive experience in demographic, economic, and land use analysis and forecasting, real estate analysis, and community planning, Jay has advised development companies, investors, businesses, property owners, and all levels of government. Highlights of Jay’s experience, expertise, and skills include:
Jay is a graduate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a Master of City Planning and a Bachelor of Science. He is a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Planners and a member of the Planning Institute of BC.
Jay is an adjunct professor at UBC’s School of Community and Regional Planning where he teaches a course specializing in urban development, market analysis, and financial analysis. Jay is also an adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia’s School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. For Simon Fraser University’s City Program, Jay teaches a course on financing urban growth.