A Community Planner with extensive experience in government, private consulting and non-profit sectors. Over six years of increasing responsibility with land use and environmental compliance, sustainability planning, local government research and community outreach.
- Conducted research on best practices for establishing Development Permit Area guidelines on Bowen Island, presented recommendations for land use bylaws to Bowen Island council and members of the public.
- Appointed to the UBC development permit board, reviewed non-institutional development permits on campus.
- Designated senior technologist for renowned engineering consulting firm in Vancouver BC, perform hundreds of building inspections and land use surveys annually to ensure compliance with redevelopment and financing protocols.
- Published in an academic journal as part of an international environmental agricultural survey project in conjunction with Federal and Provincial Governments in Canada, United States and Mexico.
- Initiated and managed a provincial climate change adaptation and mitigation campaign in Saskatchewan, worked closely on community outreach and public consultation.
- Performed detailed surveys of forest vegetation in Northern Saskatchewan as part of a carbon sequestration project involving over 206,000 ha of Forest Carbon Reserves while working for Saskatchewan Environment.